- Robotic Surf
- Last but not least, local robotic surf-punk trio the Tsunamibots are set to release a pair of EPs this week, Rise of the Robots and Surfing Craze in the Robotic Age. I haven't heard them yet, but based on the clips available at the band's website, I'm going to go out on a limb and bet they're pretty friggin' good. Imagine a cross between Man or Astro-Man?, Los Straitjackets and Max Headroom, and you're in the ballpark.
But don't just take my word for it. From the band's delightfully silly (and made up) press release: "'When I first heard the Tsunamibots, I thought, Oh no! This will definitely lead to the enslavement of the human race! Seriously, we are screwed,' says Bill Humansen from HumansAgainstRobot.org. The Hard Drive, from the robot specialty magazine Robots Only, commented after seeing a Tsunamibots show, 'I used to listen to human rock, but as a robot, I was tired of all the imperfections and the lack of crushing humans. Now that I've found the Tsunamibots, I finally have a scene of my own.'"
The Tsunamibots play a release party at Hostel Tevere in Warren this Saturday, December 20, with Maine's Thee IcePicks and local "hardcore XXX rock" band Ramcore.
- EP Release Party 12/20 @ The Hostel Tevere Press Release
THE TSUNAMIBOTS EP RELEASE PARTY AT THE HOSTEL TEVERE ON 12/20/14.
"Who says computers ruin music? Whoever put together the circuits for these robots deserves the Nobel Prize.".”
Amanda Astheimer, Drummer, Gorgon Burlington, VT
The robotic surf punk trio The Tsunamibots will bring their signature and highly energetic show to the Hostel Tevere on 12/20/14 at 9:00PM. Performing in support of their two new EPs, Rise of the Robots and Surfing Craze in the Robotic Age, The Tsunamibots theatrical performances have been igniting stages throughout the North East. The Tsunamibots are the culmination of years of experience surfing, crushing humans, and rocking as hard as the drives that run them.
“When I first heard The Tsunamibots I thought, Oh No! This will definitely lead to the enslavement of the human race! Seriously we are screwed.” Says Bill Humansen from Humans Against Robot.org. The Hard Drive, from the robot specialty magazine Robots Only, commented after seeing a Tsunamibots show “I used to listen to human rock, but as a robot, I was tired of all the imperfections and the lack of crushing humans. Now that I’ve found The Tsunamibots, I finally have a scene of my own.”
Joining the Tsunamibots Friday night will be the surf rock band Thee Ice Picks from Maine and Warren VT’s very own HardcoreXXX Rock band Ramcore.
The Tsunamibots are Tomadore64, The Main Frame and The Master Circuit. The bands website has videos, upcoming dates, and bio information on the band members. You can find their website at: www.tsunamibots.com and facebook.com/tsunamibots.
- EP Release Party 12/20 @ The Hostel Tevere
Attention Humans! Join The Tsunamibots, Thee Ice Picks, and Ramcore. For the release of two new EPs by the Tsunamibots. Surfing Craze in the Robotic Age and Rise of the Robots. There will be crushing,surfing and surprises. Also come see our newest bot The FU 2000.
FOR (Friend of Robots) Beth Moody created this sketch for us.The Tsunamibots approve of this picture. 010001
- November Update
Hello Humans! We have been very busy this month. We have finished recording 2 EP's " Surfing Craze in the Robotic Age" and "Rise of the Robots". The discs should be printed by one of our machine friends very soon. We are also working on a Tsunamibots comic book and some new swag. Stay tuned for that. Next show is 12/20 at the Hostel Tevere with our friends Thee Ice Picks and the all mighty RAMCORE. Attendance is mandatory!
- Tsunamibots @ Charlie O's 10/31
- Finally, the greatest bar in the world, Charlie O's World Famous in Montpelier, has a ripping punk night on tap for Halloween with sci-fi/surf outfit the Tsunamibots, punk trio Black Rabbit and Massachusetts-based punks the Pity Whores. The Tsunamibots, by the way, are an offshoot of the late, not-really-great-but-super-fun punk band Spit Jack. They bring a welcome note of geekery to the recent surf-rock boom in Vermont, existing closer to Man or Astro-man? than surf godfather Dick Dale. (Costume suggestion: zombie Spit Jack.)